City of North Vernon
Position: Distribution System Operator
Duties: Learns to perform the various tasks associated with the maintenance and operation of a water distribution system including, but not limited to:
- Learns the proper use of tools and equipment required to perform the job.
- Participates in the repairs and replacement of water mains, water services, valves, fire hydrants and water meters.
- Interacts with customers and acts as a representative of the Company.
- Performs meter reads, turn offs and on via work orders.
- Participates in routine maintenance activities such as system flushing, valve exercising and fire hydrant maintenance.
- Follows established policies and procedures in repair of equipment to ensure proper working order.
- Operates company vehicles and equipment according to established safety procedures and policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Available for emergency response, 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
Days/Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30AM – 4:00PM
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must possess a high school diploma, or GED
- Pass a background check, physical, and drug test for employment
- If not previously possessed, must be able to acquire Class B CDL or higher within one year of employment
- If not previously possessed, must be able to acquire DSM or higher water distribution certification within two years of employment
- Starting wage of $16.94/hour
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation after one year
- 14 paid holidays
How to apply:
- Applications are available for download from: https://www.northvernon-in.gov/applications/North%20Vernon%20Application%20for%20Employment.pdf
- Applications are also available from our utilities office at 143 E. Walnut St., North Vernon, IN 47265
- Email application and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit in person to our utilities office.
North Vernon, IN
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled