Requirements for Full-Time Police Officer Position:
- Must be a resident citizen of the United States.
- Must be a resident of Jennings County, Indiana or one of the six adjoining counties at time of appointment.
- Must be 21 years of age and must be less than 40 years of age by date of appointment, or be a veteran with 20 years of armed forces service with a maximum age of 40 years and 6 months. *Service requirement will be confirmed by checking the DD Form 214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD214). *
- Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Must posses a valid driver's license.
- Must complete all phases of the hiring process (possible exemption for lateral entry).
- Cannot have a felony conviction.
- Must submit to a background investigation.
- Must not have tattoos or other intentional body markings below wrists or above shirt collar.
- Cannot have a misdemeanor conviction involving domestic violence.
- Cannot have been dishonorably discharged from the military.
If you feel like you are a fit for this position please fill out the application here.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled